Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. -Col 3:23-24
The Vision of Mighty Men Handyman Network is to create a safety net so than single head of households can receive the necessary support through advocacy, intervention and training.
The mission of this network is to provide support to our single parents, homebound and seniors. The scope of this support include but is not limited to the following:
- Create “God Families,” to address the need for male presence and extended family support.
- Guide them through the process of purchase and or repair of automobiles.
- Provide minor repairs in the homes such as leaky faucets, replace faulty electrical outlets, unplug stopped up sinks etc.
- On call to fill the social gap in the life of single mothers, whether to give advice or to offer intervention in matters pertaining to boys in single parent homes.
- Provide consultation/advice based on experience or expertise in a variety of areas to support single mothers
Here’s how it works:
1. Complete the form and place in Good Neighbors Office. The Handyman Ministry Coordinator can be contacted directly if it is not possible to bring the form to the church.
2. Requests for assistance will be reviewed minimally once a week by the Handyman Network Coordinator. If further clarification is needed you will be contacted by the Network Coordinator.
3. The Network Coordinator will contact volunteer service providers to determine if our Network can provide the service requested.
4. The Network Coordinator will call you back to confirm that the service can be provided. The volunteer service provider will then be put in contact with you to setup a mutually convenient time to provide the service. We prefer to provide the services on Saturday mornings if possible.
5. You will be required to complete a release document prior to our volunteers beginning the work to be done. This document limits our liability – work cannot be started until the document is signed by the person owning the home. This document will be provided to you by our Network Coordinator or it can be obtained from the Good Neighbors office.
6. Our Volunteers will come (we always will send two volunteers for your protection) at an agreed upon time. If you have agreed to purchase parts, please have them there. Unless special arrangements have been made, the Handyman Volunteers WILL NOT bring parts…they are YOUR responsibility. If transportation is a problem for you, the Handyman volunteer will take you to the store to purchase the parts.
7. We’ll call back after the service call to check and make sure that you are happy with the work.
Not all requests can be met by the Handyman Network. Each need will be prayerfully considered and presented to our volunteer team. We will contact you ASAP. If there is an immediate need, please call the church office 718-652-3288