The will and purpose of God for His church is embodied in the Great Commission (St. Matt. 28:19-20) “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.” In order that the church remain alive and relevant it is imperative that we give priority to fulfilling Christ’s commission to evangelize the lost and win them to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
To the New Testament Church Jesus spoke and said, “You shall receive power after the Holy Ghost is come upon you” (Acts 1:8). And to that end, we mandate that all departments of New Testament Temple make evangelism a priority. Any branch of our church that cannot show fruitfulness in the area of winning souls and/or assisting in nurturing them to maturity will be subject to reorganization or termination.
NTT seeks to carry out the Great Commission through a WIN strategy: Win, Instruct and Nurture. Win souls. Instruct and Nurture them. We will employ various initiatives such as; street and door-to-door witnessing, discipleship, visitation, outdoor crusades, prison evangelism, visitations, community service programs, and hospitality, Face Book, Twitter, E-blasts, phone blasts etc.
It is also our duty to shed any behavior or tradition of man that hinders the growth of the kingdom of Christ. The kingdom of God must be kept open to all people. The church is not an exclusive club for religious people. It is also for the purpose of reaching, welcoming and delivering those that are bound by Satan. As Jesus also said, “I am not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance” (Luke 5:32).
The purpose of Evangelism at New Testament Temple is to glorify God by helping every believer effectively and faithfully participate with Christ in sharing the gospel by lifestyle and word in our community and the world. (Matthew 28:18-20)
Priority Objectives– Priority objectives for the accomplishment of the purpose of Evangelism will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Help believers know and understand:
- The Purpose, Priority, and Plan of God to redeem, reclaim and save the lost from all nations.
- Our individual call and responsibility to the gospel as an ambassador of Christ and minister of reconciliation. (II Cor. 5:17-21)
- The content of the gospel of grace. (I Cor. 15:1-4)
- To raising an army of soul-winners, who make it their personal objective to testify as to the transforming power of God in salvation.
- To hold conferences on evangelism, ministers’ seminars, and other equipping meetings to receive training in various aspects of evangelism.
- To train the next generation of evangelists to preach the gospel.
- To use the Internet as a ministry tool to share the good news of Jesus Christ. Develop personal ministry involvement from members who possess the talent and use of technology. Technological advances are making national economies interdependent and are bringing about rapid cultural change. They are influencing employment, communication, lifestyles and many other choices.
- To strive to be a multi-national ministry – We are comprised of people from diverse national backgrounds celebrating that God’s love embraces the whole human race.
- To create intentional college/university outreach – Be a lighthouse in our college community by directing ministry and outreach to the college student body and faculty around us.
- To minister in our local jails and prisons – Prepare members for effective witness through teaching, modeling, and outreach opportunities within the jails and prisons of our community.
- To provide support for existing urban, ethnic and trans-cultural ministries, and church planting.
- To promote a healthy desire for personal witness to family, friends and colleagues.
- To share the love and knowledge of Christ through our lifestyles rather than through formal evangelism programs.
The above priority objectives will be accomplished through biblical education, exposure, and equipping.