God has a calling and purpose for every Christian. Growing to fulfill the purpose for which God created us must be our goal. One key to growth is training. We are admonished to desire the sincere milk of the word that we may grow thereby. Our vision at New Testament Temple is to equip each believer that they might become effective disciples of Jesus Christ.
The program of New Testament Temple includes Discipleship Training Program, which provides classroom, workshop and hands-on learning opportunities so that the ministry dream and vision of each member can be fulfilled.
The purpose of instruction at New Testament Temple is to glorify God by helping believers love out of a pure heart, a good conscience and sincere faith. (I Timothy 1:5; II Timothy 4:1-14)
Priority Objectives – Priority objectives for the accomplishment of the purpose of Instruction will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Instruction to believers is to be:
- Biblical in content
- Accurate in interpretation
- Practical in application
- Systematic in presentation
- Help every believer discover the joy and value of reading, studying, meditating, memorizing, believing, and obeying the Scriptures.
- Help believers understand important dispensational distinctives like: Law and Grace; Kingdom and Church; Israel and the Body of Christ.
- Teach the importance of a clear conscience – Who we are always determines what we do. Our private lives and public lives are equally important. Leadership is committed to teaching truthful principles that develop character and help the believer do what is right under any circumstances. (Hebrews 13:8)
- Create a team-based ministry – We believe God never intended church to be a spectator sport, but that He gives vital spiritual gifts to every believer. The discovery, development, and exercise of these gifts are the primary instrument of Christ to minister to His body. The role of ministers and church leaders is to equip, instruct, and encourage the believers in this process. We are committed to helping people serve each other according to their spiritual gifts, so that all might become mature in Christ. (Romans 13:3-8; Ephesians 4:1 – 16; I Peter 4:8-11)
- Open up the learning process – New Testament Temple encourages its teachers to discuss and explore openly what Scriptural truth means and implies. Helping people process the truth makes a far greater impact on their life than just telling them the truth in a lecturing approach.
- Stress foundation building – New Testament Temple helps people establish the essential elements for spiritual life, growth and ministry. Our priority is to help people do the most important things well, not just do more things.
- Allow and encourage parents to be the most influential people in a child’s life. The family is the foundation for spiritual learning and experience.
- Be the university for disciple-makers – Leadership will strive to offer courses, network relationships, provide community, showcase examples, serve as a laboratory and offer a context for continuous disciple-making.
- Support the education and instruction training programs of our local association and state convention.